It’s a pleasure to be adding 2ee’s Photography to our Featured Photographers list. Ever since we featured this trash the dress session on Apple Brides, their work has been some of my favorite. Erika and Eric are a father daughter team with a passion for skillful photography and weddings. A couple months ago I sat down for coffee with Erika and besides having some great laughs, the thing that stuck out to me was how much she and her dad strive to please their brides and grooms, doing everything they can to make sure the day runs smoothly for the couple. Customer service at it’s best!
Erika writes a very helpful blog full of tips and ideas for Spokane area brides, so I thought it would be great if she shared some of those with us. She has kindly done a post about how to make sure you get the most from your wedding photography. This list is so practical and simple, but can totally change the way your wedding day goes.
I’m Erika and with my Dad, Eric we make up 2ee’s Photography. We absolutely love shooting weddings, nothing is better than capturing a timeless love story and we love nothing more than a bride and groom who are invested in the photography. We are so excited to be on Apple Brides today and share some information we’ve learned through our experience about how couples can get the most out of their wedding photography.
Here are our 10 tips…
1. Create a wedding day schedule. A little organization can go a long way. This simple schedule will allow enough time for beautiful portraits, travel time and even some wiggle room for the unexpected. We believe they are so important to enhancing the overall wedding day experience that we help all our brides and grooms create one.
3. Professional Hair and Makeup: The best way to start a wedding day is getting pampered, plus not only will it complete the bridal look but you won’t have to worry about your hair falling apart or make-up sliding down your face halfway through the day.
4. Consider a first look: We love when our couples choose to do a first look, not only does it make the wedding day less chaotic and their guests happier, but it allows us the needed time to get really creative and capture those really fun and artistic portraits.
5. Don’t forget alterations: This is one of the best tips to help a bride look and feel beautiful on her wedding day. The final alterations will not only help the bride look her best, but a well fitting dress is more comfortable and this will show through in her pictures.
6. Details, details, details: They seem like little things but they play such a huge part in making the overall story of the day come out in the photos. So add that awesome pair of shoes (you can always switch to TOMS once you walk down the aisle anyway), that necklace that your grandma wore on her wedding day, cufflinks with personality or fun programs. All those things that I like to call “the little extras” really do add up to tell a beautiful love story.
7. Have an engagement session: This one is a little different because it doesn’t actually happen on your wedding day. The groom is usually the one who benefits the most. On the wedding day he is more relaxed and knows what to expect from the photographers because he has done it before. Plus you get to know your photographers just that much more and spend a couple hours of loved up time together, treat it like a date night.
8. Don’t forget your wedding party: Another reason why we love a wedding day schedule is that you can pass it around. Your entire wedding party is on the same page about the bridal party portraits. This saves time and stress so that the wedding party can concentrate on having fun and taking some great photos.
9. Reception lighting: Most receptions take place inside after dark, and yet people forget about lighting. If you can swing it, get a professional to help with the lighting of the space, it will make an incredible difference. Also don’t overlook the beauty of candlelight (one of my favorites), white string lights, or lanterns. All of them add up to this beautiful glow that really enhances your reception photography.
10. Don’t be afraid to think creatively and communicate your ideas to your photographer: Our favorite type of clients are the ones who are thinking about the photography and have their own ideas. We love collaborating with them and making their vision a reality. In fact some of our favorite photos come from working with the bride and groom on a special idea they had.
Most of all remember to communicate with your photographer, we want to have relationships with our bride and grooms, it helps us tell their love story in greater detail and if we walk away from their wedding as a little bit more than just another vendor and closer to a friend than we’ve done our job right. Don’t shy away from reaching out, asking questions and giving us your ideas, our best clients are the ones who are truly invested in beautiful photography.
Check out the 2ee’s Photography website to see more of their fabulous work!