It’s wedding invitation day on Apple Brides!
Lindsey from Spokane wedding invitation company, PAPERMADE INVITES has kindly agreed to spill the beans about what every bride (or groom!) should know before they decide on their invites. We’ve got two posts, one featuring tips about planning for your wedding stationery and later, how to word your invitations. She is also debuting some of her gorgeous new wedding suites!
As a quick personal aside, I just wanted to put in a plug for Lindsey. I’ve had the pleasure of working with her several times the last couples months for our Apple Bride Christmas cards, our Beacon Hill photo shoot and the invites for our vendor night, she is SO professional and is SO great at interpreting what you want. Also, she is very quick (we tend to do things last minute here at AB!).
So here is Lindsey’s 7 things to consider before you buy your invitations….
At PAPERMADE INVITES you create a custom wedding invitation unique to you and your wedding day. It’s important to coordinate all of your wedding stationery to create a sense of unity…and a design that guests can remember and know reflects you…as well as something you can be proud of.
So try to play off a design, color scheme or a theme…and stick with it from the save the date, the announcement, and other insert cards. You can even carry it on to design elements of the “day of” the wedding…whether it be place cards, favor bags, the menus or your wedding programs. Some weddings call for a classical approach which is wonderful, and you can still make it unique whether you have a damask border on the side, filigree or a monogram cursive design. Your wedding can reflect your personality as well, so don’t be afraid to play around with color or playful phrasing and text on your stationery (I use the shape of Washington State or arrows on one of mine).
There are a few things to consider when thinking about wedding invitations:
1. How will you be displaying your name? Will you use your full name (first, middle and last), just your first and last name, first names only (modern approach)?
2.Who will be hosting the wedding? A lot of the text on your invitations depends on who is hosting the wedding…and many times who is paying. There is a way to bridge the gap between both…by making it yours and showing respect at the same time. Ask me for details!
3. How many wedding invitations will you be needing? Keep in mind households…not just individuals when doing a head count.
4. What insert cards will you want? Announcements, Save the Dates, Response Cards, Directions Cards, Maps (a great way to ensure guests don’t get lost on the way), Accommodations Cards (very helpful for out of town guests to plan ahead), Registry Cards, Thank You Cards, Reception Cards, Rehearsal Dinner Invitations, Wedding Programs, Place Cards, Guest Book, Table Numbers, Menus, etc… At PAPERMADE INVITES, I can provide you with all of these…any way you want them.
5. What type of envelopes? Envelopes are the first thing people see before your wedding stationery…so make a statement with it. Choose from pocket fold envelopes, petal envelopes, metallic envelopes, translucent envelopes, recycled envelopes and more. Check out our huge selection (including band wraps, wax seals and favor tags) on our website!
6. Your Timeline. Save the Dates should be sent out 6 months prior to the wedding. Wedding Invitations should be sent out 6-8 weeks prior. For more tips and a timeline check out the wedding tips page on my site.
7. What type of card stock? Which type of paper do you want your wedding invitations printed on (I offer many lines of card stock for your designs to be printed on…and they are all the highest quality papers from Classic Crest):
- 100# MATTE COVER
- : HAS A SMOOTH NON-COATED FINISH
- 100# LINEN COVER: A LUXURIOUS TEXTURED LINEN FINISH (THIS HAS A FABULOUS RICH TEXTURE WITH A CANVAS FEEL TO IT)
- 100# UNCOATED COVER
- 100# LIGHT CREAM COVER
- 110# GLOSS COVER
- 110# MATTE COVER
- 110# 100% RECYCLED WHITE COVER: ECO-FRIENDLY
- 110# PEARLESCENT COVER
- 110# SILVER COVER
- 130# GLOSS COVER: GREAT FOR SAVE THE DATE POST CARDS AND PHOTO PRINTS
- 130# MATTE COVER
- 130# 100% RECYCLED WHITE COVER: ECO-FRIENDLY
- 150# BAMBOO COVER: TREE FREE/ECO-FRIENDLY
- 150# COTTON COVER
- TREE FREE/ECO-FRIENDLY
PS- And stay tuned for Lindsey’s post about “How to Word Your Wedding Invites” coming up this afternoon!