Gone are the days when weddings were just a single day affair. These days you’ve got to think about the bridal shower, the bachelorette party, engagement party and any after wedding events you might have, and of course what to wear! Today, the amazing site WeddingtonWay.com (which is your one stop shop for bridal party and wedding dresses) is giving us some tips!
Image via 100 Layer Cake, Bow Dress by Paper Crown
Whether you’re looking for a cute number to sport at your engagement party or something more casual for your rehearsal dinner, you can’t go wrong with a classic little white dress. The lace and ruffle detailing is spot on with this year’s top fashion trends and the short lengths are flirty and fun. Don’t forget to add your own style to the dress with bold or colorful accessories and vibrant gleaming jewelry. Here are a few of our favorite ideas from the ladies behind Weddington Way, the online boutique for bridesmaid dresses that now carries special occasion dresses for brides.
Add a bright cardigan, statement sandal, and sweet heart necklace to your LWD and you’ve got a lovely look for a bridal shower in your best friend’s backyard.
1. Kirribilla Lucy LWD. 2. Dior Addict Lip Polish in Sheer Pink. 3. A dahlia floral arrangement. 4. Juicy Couture Chunky Link Heart
Catcher Necklace. 5. Kendra Scott Willa Earrings. 6. J. Crew Featherweight Cotton V-Neck Cardigan in Candy Pink. 7. B Brian Atwood Cutout Suede Flat Sandal.
Urban Engagement Party
A classic black and white look with gold jewelry, red lips, and an elegant updo is the ideal LWD outfit for an engagement party at your hometown’s hot spot.
1. Kirribilla Zoe LWD. 2. Tabitha Simmons Mayflower T-Strap Sandal. 3. Estee Lauder Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Rich Red. 4. Neiman Marcus
Sequined Cashmere Shawl. 5. Rachel Zoe Two Tone Dome Studs. 6.Tory Birch Gingham Hollow Cuff. 7. The lounge at San Francisco’s 25 Lusk.
Poolside Rehearsal Dinner
Need a flawless look for a rehearsal dinner by the pool? Accent a ruffly LWD with chic nighttime pieces like a fringe purse, gold wedges, colorful bangles, and shimmery eye shadow.
1. Kirribilla Gemma LDW. 2. Matthew Williamson Escape Fringe Shoulder Bag. 3.Stila Eye Shadow Trio in Bronze Glow. 4. Learn how to make these decorative DIY light columns on Martha Stewart’s website. 5.Tom Binns Classic Large Ribbon Hoops. 6. Diane Von Furstenberg Ophelia Wedge
Sandal. 7. Sequin Medium Crystal Detail Hinged Bangles.
Chic and Casual After Party
For a casual, but chic after party at your favorite wine and beer watering hole, dress down a lacy strapless LWD with glittery TOMS, jean jacket, leopard print dress and silver bracelets.
1. Watters Ginger LWD in White. 2. TOMS Bridal White Women’s Glitter Shoes. 3. Michael Kors Love Twist Bangle. 4. Mother Denim Jacket. Charlotte Russe Hidden Skull Leopard Print Scarf. 6. Bin 38, a Marina wine and beer lounge in San Francisco. 7. Laura Merkin Lucy Polka Dot Clutch
Country Club Day After Brunch
Pair a lacy LWD with brown accessories, like simple flat sandals and classic rectangular sunnies, and a sheer lip and you’re ready for a day after brunch at the country club.
1. Watters Camellia LWD in White. 2. Macy’s Diamond Stud Earrings. 3. Gucci Women’s Large Rectangular Sunglasses. 4. Dolce and Gabbana Passion Duo Gloss in Nude Peach. 5. Merona Women’s Crewneck 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan. 6. Rachel Zoe Gladys Leather Flat Sandal. 7. The view from the club house at Arcos Gardens golf club and country estate.