First of all, congratulations! Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the wild, crazy and oh-so-wonderful world of wedding planning in the Inland Northwest!
There are thousands of websites and wedding blogs out there, but this site right here, is JUST for you. Apple Brides is the ultimate wedding resource for couples planning a wedding in the Inland Northwest! From Coeur d’Alene, Walla Walla to Chelan, we only feature local weddings, vendors and planning tips, all in an effort to make your wedding experience a whole lot easier.
Once the ring is on the finger, it can be hard to know where in the world to begin, so we’ve outlined some handy resources on Apple Brides to get you started.
This is THE place to find all your wedding professionals. From venues, photographers, hairstylists to bachelorette parties, our directory is full of amazing wedding businesses in the Inland Northwest!
Visit the directory.
Real Weddings Page:
This is your chance to see real weddings from couples all over the Northwest. The page is neatly divided by season, by location and by type of wedding (barn weddings, lake weddings, urban weddings, etc).
Visit the Weddings Page.
We have a whole section of the site dedicated to discounts and deals from amazing vendors just for our readers!
Visit the Deals Page.
From budget advice to etiquette and honeymoons, our Planning section is your map to navigating your wedding stress free!
Visit our Planning Section.
We post real weddings, vendor reviews and planning advice 5 days a week, so don’t forget to check back often!
Your Wedding Planning Guide!
Now, let’s get this wedding started! Here are the first steps for planning and some helpful articles!
1. Figure out your date and budget!
Once you nail down these two things your wedding plans will go much smoother. Here are some posts on Apple Brides that might help:
- The Weather and Your INW Wedding (best days and months)
- 5 Reasons to Have a Winter Wedding
- $10,000 Wedding Budget Breakdown
- $20,000 Wedding Budget Breakdown
- $35,000 Wedding Budget Breakdown
- Can you plan a $6,000 Wedding in Spokane?
- How to Prioritize your Wedding Budget
2. Make your guest list.
Your guest list will greatly impact your budget and venue, so it’s good to get a figure in mind very early in the planning process.
- How to Decide Your Guest List
- 13 Ways to Save Big on Your INW Wedding
- 7 Ways to Cut your Catering Costs
3. Book your venue!
Where you decide to have your wedding is the next most important part of your plans. Once you have this locked down it will help you contact your other vendors.
- Venue Directory Page for Spokane and Coeur d’Alene
- Venue Directory Page for Eastern an Central WA
- Questions to Ask Your Venue Before you Book
4. Book all other vendors and get your dress.
We recommend booking your planner, photographer and videographer right after your venue, next find your dress and then secure everything else from there.
- 10 Tips for Making your Wedding Dress Shopping Easier
- Wedding Jargon: Tidbits from a Wedding Planner
- 9 Secrets from Wedding Planners
- Wedding Officiants in Spokane
5. Determine your theme and choose your bridal party.
Sit down with your fiancee (with Pinterest at the ready!) and decide what type of wedding you want to have. This is the fun part!
- 5 Things to Consider when Choosing your Bridesmaids
- 7 Wedding Websites You Should be Using
- A Guide to Picking Your Wedding Colors
6. Figure out your stationery.
You should send your Save the Dates as soon as you get engaged (but at least 6 months before), invitations should be sent 6 weeks before the wedding date.
7. Take care of the miscellaneous.
And by miscellaneous we mean everything else!
- Wedding Reception Must Haves
- Should you Have a Seating Chart at your Wedding?
- 10 Things You’ll Be Glad You Registered For
- How to Make a Wedding Day Timeline
- Wedding Etiquette for Divorced Families
- What to Wear for your Engagement Session
- Rehearsal Dinner Ideas for Spokane and Coeur d’Alene
8. Enjoy the process!
Planning a wedding is a once in a lifetime ordeal, so enjoy every step of the way!
Photos by Michael Fisk Photography.
Last but not least, don’t forget to follow Apple Brides on all your fave social media sites for even more wedding fun!