As much as your wedding should be about the bride and groom, it is so important to consider your guests! You want those traveling near and far to support you to remember your wedding for years to come. A few special touches throughout your engagement and wedding will make the experience welcoming and memorable for everyone!
1. Wedding Website. Setting up a customized wedding website (like this one from Wedding JoJo) complete with details about the couple, the registry, the wedding party, and more will help everyone feel involved and informed.
2. Hotel. Offering a suggested hotel or two will help put your wedding guests at ease. Bonus for you – oftentimes, hotels will offer a discount if you reserve a block of rooms!
3. Welcome Bags. When out of town guests arrive at the hotel, offer a welcome bag filled with area goodies, things to do, and places to eat.
4. Wedding Planner. Having a day-of coordinator to handle the little details will help your most important guests (aka your parents and your wedding party) remain stress free!
5. Cocktail Hour. Provide a cocktail hour or other form of entertainment between the ceremony and reception to keep guests occupied while you and your new hubby get pictures taken!
6. Kids Activities. Include something special for kids attending your wedding, like a scavenger hunt or coloring pages. It will keep them from being restless and you might even see a few grown-ups join in the fun!
7. Entertainment. Offering lawn games or a photo booth during the reception gives your guests a chance to take a break from dancing while still doing something fun!
8. Visit. Be sure to make the rounds to see all of your guests sometime during the wedding. They are there to see you after all!
9. Reception Essentials. Providing convenient extras at your reception such as flip flops for tired feet or pashminas for when it cools off at night is a thoughtful bonus for your guests. Some brides even include a basket in the restrooms filled with essentials such as hair ties, clothes pins, and breath mints.
10. Favors. Offering a take-home memento will go far with your guests that traveled a long way to celebrate with you! It could be as simple as candy to munch on when they get back to the hotel, to customized gifts like this fun mason jar.