The idea of going to a department store and being able to choose everything you want for your wedding registry sounds like a daunting task right (we sincerely hope you know we’re kidding)? We know it might be a bit overwhelming with so many department store options, so we’re here to help you with a list of necessary things all soon to be newly weds need to add to their wedding registry!
- KitchenAid Mixer: We’re starting out with a real expensive one, and one that might be a bit far fetched unless you have some really generous family members, which if so, can we all have a brand new mixer? If you’re like us and don’t happen to have a generous uncle or grandmother maybe a few of your family members can all unite and get this for you!
- Serveware: You may think you don’t need a cake stand or serving bowls but the truth of the matter is that a few years down the road you’re going to need that silver serving bowl you passed up on your wedding registry, so might as well add it to your list now while you have the chance.
- Knife Set: Here is another pricey item but a good set of knives will last you ages. Like we mentioned earlier for the more expensive gifts family members can gather together or you can just split a good knife set up and have guests buy one knife at a time.
- Wine Glasses: You can never go wrong with adding a nice set of wine glasses to your registry that will be put to good use!
- Food Processor: This is another staple that you don’t realize you need until you actually need it.
- Casserole Dishes: These don’t have to be used for just casseroles, if you’re not a casserole type of person you can always use these for other things like cooking vegetables or even baking, so don’t pass up this opportunity to score yourself some multipurpose dishes that will definitely benefit you in the long run.
- Salt and Pepper Mills: Just like the wine glasses, this is a registry item where you cannot go wrong.
- Good Coffee Maker: Even if you and your spouse aren’t coffee drinkers this is still a good item to have (guests who are coffee drinkers will thank you). Good coffee makers don’t have to be expensive and we’re sure your great uncle who is a coffee fanatic won’t mind getting this for you!
What are some necessary gifts that you added to your registry?
Check out more planning tips here!