Finding the perfect videographer can be stressful, but the search can be half the fun. Fun it should be and our Q&A with award winning Firefly cinematography will help with that.
What inspired you to become a videographer?
Years ago, what we saw from most wedding videographers was stale and uninspired. We knew we could do more. We had to do better.
We love telling the story of a couple in love. To us, a wedding story is about more than the wedding day itself — it’s the joining of two histories.
How long have you been doing videography?
What is your videography style?
We create cinematic stories using documentary-style shooting.
Why do you think couples should get a videographer?
The best (and worst) comment we hear from brides is, “I really wish we’d gotten a wedding movie, too.” (We’re photographers as well.) It’s heartbreaking to hear because we know it’s coming. Every wedding is unique, and it destroys us to know that it could have been enjoyed for the rest of their lives.
What is your favorite part of a wedding?
We love the emotion behind each wedding, especially the interactions between the couple. We love the first look, the speeches that tell their stories, and anything unique to each wedding. Surprising guests by arriving at the ceremony in a boat? Awesome. Escaping on mopeds together? Excellent. We want to capture it all!
What should couples look for in a videographer?
– Look for experience. Look for more than just a few “great” weddings on their web page. If they only show a few, they’re hiding others that didn’t go as well. Ask whether they’ve shot at your venue before.
– Look for their investment. Find out how much they’ve invested in equipment. Do they have a drone for establishing shots of the venues? How many cameras will they have? How many cinematographers will show up?
– Look for approachability. Find out what others are saying about them; do they have good relationships with other vendors? Are they easy-going, able to keep guests at ease?
What do your packages include?
– Full highlight movie, 10-20 minutes
– Short trailer version, 3-5 minutes
– Delivered on Blu-Ray and DVD
What is your price range?
Please see our web site.