Oftentimes, weddings go by in a flash. All of the things you spent months planning – the elaborate cake, the stunning floral arrangements, the meticulously coordinated wedding party – is all a blur at the end of the night. That’s why it is so important to have a great photographer documenting the best day of your life. Luckily, we have Rachel Dornquast of Distinction Studio to share her 5 tips to ensure awesome wedding photos so your memories will stand the test of time!
1. Talk To Your Photographer! Talking and being in touch with your photographer prior to your wedding day is critical. If you have your heart set on something, let your photographer know (we are pretty awesome but we are not mind-readers). Plan out your wedding with your photographer and tell your photographer all the details of your wedding. Explain things and discuss your vision!
2. Don’t Stress About Things You Can’t Control! You planned out every detail of your wedding day, but you can not control every aspect of the day. Is the weather not what you expected? Don’t stress; your photographer will know what to do so you still get great photos! Did your soon-to-be brother-in-law and his entire family show up late for the family photos? Don’t stress; these things happen sometimes and it’s not going to make or break your wedding day. If you are stressed it will show through in your photographs… so relax and enjoy the day you worked so hard planning!
3. Remember Why You Are Getting Married! This sounds pretty obvious but sometimes getting caught up in the planning and the wedding itself takes over. It is a special day for you and your spouse to celebrate your love and commitment to each other; you want that to come through in your wedding photos! Enjoy the day!
4. Live, Laugh, Love! So cliche… but totally true. You only get one wedding day… Live it out fully! Laugh… It’s one of the happiest days of your life, you should be smiling from ear to ear! 🙂 Love… Well of course; the entire day is about your love for your spouse! You want your photographs to reflect that!
5. Enjoy The Moment! Being a Bride or a Groom is a lot of work. The day will go by at light speed and when you look back on your wedding day in a few years many parts of the day will become a beautiful blur. Your photographer is there to capture the moments, so trust your photographer and enjoy each moment!
Be sure to also check out Rachel’s tips on how to ensure awesome engagement photos!
Distinction Studio is an Apple Brides Featured Vendor.
Thank you for supporting the vendors that support Apple Brides!