Wedding planning is a lot of things– fun, overwhelming, expensive, and maybe above all, time consuming. We know you’re all busy, so today we’re sharing 10 little wedding planning hacks that will save you a TON of time. Do you have a hack we didn’t mention? Share it with us in the comments!
1. Lightly number your RSVP cards! Using a pencil, lightly number your RSVP cards that correspond with a number on your guest list/address sheet. This way, when people don’t fill them out (trust us, it’ll happen) you’ll still know who responded!
2. Instead of licking 100 envelopes to seal them, use water! Using a foam paint brush and some water, save your tongue the gross feeling and lightly brush the envelopes to get them to seal closed.
3. Keep track of who gives you gifts, and write thank you’s as they come in. For your shower, bachelorette or wedding, as you get a gift, make a note of who gave it to you, and then write the thank you note ASAP. Not only will this save you from having to write 100 thank you notes at once, it’ll help you keep track so you’re not sitting on the couch asking your partner ‘who sent us that gravy boat again, your aunt or mine?’
4. Figure out your seating chart with sticky notes! Draw a diagram of your tables, and note how many are at each table in pen, in the middle of the circle or rectangle. Then, either use 1 small flag sticky note for each guest so you can move them around easily, or pencil in names on one sticky per table, so you can easily erase and fill in without redrawing the diagram repeatedly.
5. New shoes too slippery? If you’re concerned about your new shoes being too slippery on the dance floor, scuff them up with a little sandpaper, or spray hairspray on the soles. Viola!
6. Getting married outside? Two things that will change your life– veil weights and heel protectors.
7. Keep day of communication stress free by having all your vendor info in one place. If you have a coordinator (which you should!) this is a non-issue, but if you opted out, prevent the ‘stressed out bridesmaid interrupting your makeup to look for the florist’s name and phone number since they haven’t showed up yet, and where WAS that email you had saved with it?’ situation with our free vendor contact list! Having it all in one place will make everyone’s life easier.
8. Another invite tip– use return address labels or have a custom stamp made. You already have to write 100+ addresses, don’t handwrite your return address 100+ times too!
9. Look for trunk shows when dress shopping. If there’s a designer or salon you love, watch for trunk shows or sales during the time you’ll be dress shopping. You can often get the gown you wanted at a discount if you shop smart!
10. Equip yourself with the right tools. Wedding planning tools can get overwhelming fast (there’s something for every little thing!) but find what works for you and stick to it. This will help you stay organized and sane– check out our recommendations here!