Waterfront venues are always in high demand, but are often hard to find; especially in a secluded area. Timber River Ranch boasts stunning waterfront views, sprawling open areas surrounded by wooded areas and is one of the most private waterfront wedding venues in Eastern Washington. Imagine saying “I DO” along the river’s edge in complete privacy then being whisked away for some waterfront wedding photos along the river just after your nuptials. If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind, open, spacious and stunning outdoor venue – look no further. This venue also includes a 3,400 sq ft covered pavilion in case of inclement weather, an elegant bridal suite with antique vanities, a red timber frame barn which can be used for cocktail hours, smaller weddings, or barn dances. Another great opportunity at this venue is on-site lodging in their farmhouse. We sat down with the owners to discuss their gorgeous waterfront venue and chat about some of the unique features their venue offers.
Where are you located?
Our completely private waterfront wedding venue is nestled within 54-acres of privacy and sits on the Pend Oreille River just 5 miles to downtown Newport and within an hour of Spokane, Coeur d’ Alene and Sandpoint, Idaho. Our venue is one of the most private, scenic and spacious waterfront wedding venues around and it truly offers 360 degree views with endless different photo opportunities.
What type of wedding does your venue work best for?
Our venue works best for the bride who is looking for an outdoor facility, with gorgeous one-of-a-kind views, a completely private venue nestled within the trees yet is just five miles to town-with all the shopping/restaurant/lodging amenities very close by. If a bride is looking for a stunning venue that really makes a statement, she will want to visit Timber River Ranch – our breathtaking views are endless along with our privacy.
What makes your venue unique?
Timber River Ranch provides the ultimate in spacious seclusion along the Pend Oreille River. The intimacy of this private location coupled with the majesty of mountain, meadow, and river vistas plus the abundant wildlife make our setting like no other. Past guests have commented on how open, spacious and beautiful our venue us and the mother of one of our brides actually teared up when she saw our venue – she said it was so amazing and nothing like what she had ever seen. No words can describe our venue; you really need to see it in person.
What is the capacity of your venue?
Our venue can accommodate up to 250 people.
What are your catering guidelines?
We suggest using an all-inclusive caterer for our events, but welcome self-catering.
Do you have a ceremony location?
We currently have three wedding ceremony locations. Our most popular location is our stunning new waterfront ceremony area that sits on the river’s edge. It offers open, expansive mountain views with complete privacy that overlooks an uninhabited island. Guests love the open and spacious feel of this location and the views are endless. Our second location is our large covered 3,400 sq ft covered pavilion that is great for inclement weather and large groups. We have hosted large weddings under our pavilion and then flipped it into a wedding reception right after while guests were enjoying a cocktail hour. This is a great open large covered space nestled amongst the trees. Our third location is inside our timber frame barn. Our rustic, but elegant, barn offers large timber frame beams, a concrete floor and Edison lights throughout that create an ambiance like no other. We have hosted weddings inside our barn up to 120 people. All of our locations are connected with great walking paths and we also have golf cart transportation for those who need it.
What is your advice for couples planning their wedding?
Start your venue search early. We often get inquires up to two years out and are sometimes half booked up at least a year in advance. Choosing your venue early helps brides set the scene for their wedding and since your venue will set the scene for your entire wedding, your decorations and theme, we strongly encourage future brides to schedule their venue site visits as soon as possible. Our wedding venue has been transformed into several different themes and is truly a blank canvas for you to make it your own.
What is included in your packages?
- Completely private waterfront venue nestled within 54 acres of privacy
- 12-hour rental of our WATERFRONT Venue (usually 10am-10pm)
- 1 hour reception time the day before your wedding (based on availability)
- 30 – 60” round tables and 200 white fan back chairs are included
- Our NEW 3,400 sq ft Covered Pavilion – nestled in a serene treed setting
- Our beautiful Repurposed Red Barn for ceremonies, receptions & barn dances
- Our gorgeous Riverfront Ceremony area that overlooks the River (weather permitting)
- Our elegant Bridal Suite with antique vanities & two bathrooms
- Farmhouse covered patio off the bridal suite with river and expansive open views Groomsmen Cabin & Our Rustic Western Themed Saloon for the groomsmen
- Multiple photo opportunities throughout the property: Waterfront areas, Western Town, White Farm Truck, Old ford Tractor, Aspen Tree Area, Waterfront View areas, Tree-lined Driveway, Wooded Trails, etc
- A caterer’s kitchen for minor food prep
- Set up and removal of ceremony chairs, reception tables & chairs
- Rustic timber frame arbor at the waterfront ceremony
- Large glass beverage dispensers, claw foot tub & old wash tubs for iced beverages
- Chest freezer for ice, 2 refrigerators for food, beverages, large coolers if needed
- Vintage, shabby chic antique furniture available for beverages, cake table, etc
- Designated smoking area (strictly enforced during summer months)
- Trash disposal and clean up of barn and pavilion area
- Portable toilets (including ADA),
- Plenty of on-site parking
Additional add ons:
- Portable heaters are on site and available for rent in case of inclement weather
- Day of Coordination unless you have a coordinator
- Linen rentals from: all about weddings, event rents, premier party rentals, etc
What is the price range of your venue?
Our waterfront wedding packages start at $2,995 and we also offer on-site lodging packages.
For more information, visit Timber River Ranch!
Timber River Ranch is an Apple Brides preferred vendor.
Thank you for supporting the vendors that support Apple Brides!