Pets are family, and it’s no secret we love when couples include them in their big day. It can be hard, though, to find the right way to incorporate your pet in a way that honors how special they are to you, while still making sure they’re comfortable (we shared some tips!) and taken care of. Depending on your venue and time of year, there are lots of ways to include your pup or cat!
photo courtesy Sydney Baye Photography
1) Let them walk down the aisle! The most obvious fan favorite. Everyone loves a furry baby in a bow tie! Just make sure you have someone on hand to sweep them back to a safe place after the ceremony.
2) Include them in your bridal portraits. If large crowds overwhelm (or overexcite!) your fur kid, include them in your pre or post wedding portrait session. It’ll be more intimate with just you and your spouse and the photographer, so they’ll feel more comfortable.
photo courtesy Sarah Graczyk Photography
3) Have them make a reception appearance! If your pup wants to get his dancing shoes on, have a trusted family member bring them out for a short time during the reception. Things are much more relaxed, which makes it easier, and there’s likely to be plenty of people who are excited to give them some love.
4) Frame a photo of them and display it at the reception. If making an in person appearance isn’t in the cards, frame some photos of your best bud and display them somewhere at the reception. Out of sight doesn’t have to mean out of mind!
photo courtesy Emily Wenzel Photography
5) Give them a place of honor! A special cake topper, a charm on a bouquet, a cutout photo at the photo booth, asking guests to donate to animal charities in lieu of gifts, or having dog themed desserts, bites or cocktails are all fun ways to honor your favorite furry friend. The possibilities are endless!
Looking for more planning tips? Find them here!