This is the time of year when the post-holiday/January blues start setting in and we start dreaming of some beach, somewhere…(seriously, why so much RAIN, Inland Northwest?! It’s not spring yet!). So, in the spirit of the season and because all those wet days cooped up inside mean some serious work on wedding planning, we’re sharing some of our favorite parts about Sandals Resort destination weddings today!
While the Inland Northwest is our favorite place to get married, obviously, there is a ton of appeal in a destination wedding, and for a lot of people, it’s the perfect fit. This past year we were insanely lucky enough to visit Sandals South Coast in Jamaica with Aisle Society (One of our fav wedding planning & inspiration tools!) and can we just say, they totally blew every destination resort/all inclusive wedding preconceived notion we had WAY out of the water! Here are 6 reasons you will love everything Sandals Resorts has to offer.
1. Whatever you think you know, rethink it. All inclusive resort wedding package? Nope. Sandals has done away with pre-packaged weddings and turned what they offer into fully customizable experiences with personalized wedding décor for authentic, special events.
2. They have more ‘firsts’ in the Caribbean than you can imagine! From the first over the water bungalows in the Caribbean (opening in December of this year) to the first-ever over-the-water chapels in the Caribbean, (located in Saint Lucia and Jamaica) Sandals is making waves in the destination wedding industry. Get it? At least we think our bad puns are funny…
3. A full wedding entourage that means all you have to do is sip in the sand! Planning your wedding with Sandals means you get a fully equipped Wedding Entourage of experts on hand, so you can rest assured that your wedding planning process will be seamlessly executed from your very first call or email to the walk down the aisle. All you have to do is imagine it, and then sit back in the sand. Or maybe book a massage on the beach…
4. Crazy gorgeous inspiration, decor and themes for your big day. If an all inclusive resort wedding makes you think of cliche decor or corny table settings, Sandals will change your mind. One of our favorite parts of our trip was that every time we turned around, we were impressed again and again with the decor and aesthetics that the Sandals team designed for us. The tassels on the floral chandelier were a crowd favorite, for sure!
5. They’ll fill your entire vacation with some seriously luxe perks. Sandals Resorts are full of perks! Couples who have 12 booked guest rooms will receive $1,000 towards a catamaran cruise, a room upgrade and a two-minute wedding trailer video. All weddings at Sandals Resorts, whether five guests or 50, include a one-hour cocktail reception, bride and groom signature cocktail, a pre-travel surprise gift, the ‘Wedding Entourage’ of expert planners, white Chivari chairs, manicure, 30-minute foot massage, personalized wedding website, personalized gift registry, honeymoon dinner, breakfast in bed and 1 5×7” wedding photograph. If that’s not enough, couples who stay six nights or longer receive resort credits valued at more than $1,500! We could go on and on, but you’re bound to find your vacation filled with luxe extras and thoughtful perks no matter what kind of trip you book.
6. If you can dream it, they can do it (over the water)! Seriously, have we mentioned the over the water chapel? It’s so cool! Not to mention the over the water bungalows are quite possibly the most romantic thing we’ve ever seen. Who needs to travel 20 hours to walk on water?!
Ready to beach yourself with Sandals Resorts? Check out more about what they offer brides looking to get married in paradise!
Resort: Sandals South Coast
Photography: Alexis June Weddings
Tote Bags: Sea Bags
Gifts: Curry’s Leather, Mod Party, Oh Sugar! A Sweet Co., Sweet Water Décor, Burts Bees, Silver Lotus Designs, Adornlee, Eliza Gwendalyn, WaxSeals.com
Bridal Separates and Belt: Garnish and Frill from Fabulous Frocks Bridal
Live Recordings: View It Do It
Note: Sandals South Coast sponsored our stay in Jamaica. All opinions are the author’s own, and are not endorsed by Sandals, Aisle Society, or their affiliates.