We LOVE a good photo booth and fun dance session. They make any event more fun. But if you want to do something a little different to really wow guests, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite outside the box entertainment options (that we’ve actually seen done before!) to help you think creatively when it comes to guest experience.
Who cares, you ask? Well you’re spending a lot of time and money planning a day that you want people to enjoy, right? Not to mention you want to enjoy yourself! So why not think creatively when it comes to what you can do? Weddings don’t have to be stuck in a box just because your great aunt says she’s never heard of THAT at a wedding before. You do you! (Plus your partner, of course). So without further ado, here are some of our favorite unique entertainment options.
1. Consider a live ceremony painter. Not only is this a fantastic keepsake from your big day, but it’s a fun and unique come-to-life experience for your guests to observe as well.
2. Animals. Hear us out. Working with live animals is definitely not for everyone. BUT, it definitely provides a fun, family friendly entertainment options. From a mini pony to a corral full of baby pigs (a personal favorite of ours), considering hiring a reputable, trained professional to bring some furry faces to your big day.
3. Mascots! Are you or your babe huge fans of a certain team? Reach out and see if their mascot does event appearances! That’s sure to be a memorable surprise for everyone, not to mention a fun photo op.
4. Caricatures. Give guests a fun takeaway favor AND an amusing way to spend the evening.
5. A bounce house. Whether your wedding will have tons of kids or you’re just kids at heart, an inflatable bounce house will definitely make an impression.
6. Fireworks at the end of the night. Nothing says ‘picture perfect photo op!’ more!
7. Fire dancers. Hello most Instagrammable wedding entertainment, ever. Except maybe those baby pigs.
8. Dancers or performers ! Maybe your fiancé is Hawaiian and you want to surprise them with hula dancers. Or your grandma is Scottish and you decided to include a traditional bagpipe performance to surprise her. Whatever your heart desires, the options are endless.
There are TONS of ways to entertain and surprise your guests at your wedding, limited only by your imagination. Worried about the cost? Consider hiring someone just for cocktail hour, or a portion of the evening, rather than the entire reception. Be strategic with your time and budget and you can create a memorable event on any budget!